Saturday 17 January 2009

The letter 'cue'

This letter (you know the one I mean) has just recently gone up in a puff of smoke, well a loud ominous click, on my keyboard. So, after the mandatory five minutes of anger, despondency and despair - will I have to buy a new computer just because of this? do I have to go through the hell of transferring all my stuff? I don't want to do any of that, especially because Windows 7 is about to appear, etc etc - I decide to monitor my, and other people's, actual usage of this character. Initially, I thought: open a big document and do a 'find all', but I rapidly saw the flaw in that ... So, I read about twenty pages of 'Shantaram' (and by the way, do please get it if you've got 1000 pages worth of non-stop spare reading time - just read the blurb on the back if you don't believe me) - guess what, the evil letter didn't turn up once! This calmed me down a bit.

So, I've backed everything up, and on Monday I'll take the laptop down to the friendly computer repair guys who camp out in the Post Office down the Oxford Road. I'm sure they'll be able to fix a little burnt-out relay, hopefully uite uickly oh shit.

Did you see what I did there? Kwality writing I'd say. Just as long as I don't lose E.

Howling gale outside, rain coming down the chimney.

1 comment: