Sunday 11 August 2013

This is absolutely true!


I was told this story by a gardener I happened to meet.  He had been doing a day’s maintenance in someone’s garden, and paused for lunch, which concluded with an apple.  When he’d finished it, he dropped the core in the green waste bin and went back to work.
When he got home that evening, he had an email from the owner of the property.  I haven’t seen the exact text, but it was, roughly: “Please do not put the residue from your lunch in the garden waste bin.   Food waste has to be put in the food waste bin.  Thank you.”

It is absolutely true – I was told this story!

2 comments:

  1. Presumably if he had not eaten any of it, it would then qualify as garden waste? You couldn't make it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apples are no food - I always knew it!

    ReplyDelete