- I got the Telecaster back and tried it out earlier this evening. It looks and sounds lovely, but the wiring is wrong – the volume control doesn’t control the volume, which is a bit basic, isn’t it? So I’m going to have to take it back, which is a bit annoying. I’m fairly sure I know what he’s done wrong, and it’s easily put right, but you’d think he’d have tested it before handing it over, wouldn’t you?
- I noticed a minor infestation of tiny spiders in the bathroom just now. God knows how they got there, because that’s one of the two rooms I’m fairly careful about keeping clean. (Plus the kitchen, of course!) I’ve killed them with bleach and spray, I think, but I’ll have to do a full inspection in the morning, before [fill in your own chosen activity here].
- I’ve also, I think, killed the ants out on the patio. I know they’re supposed to be part of the ecological food chain, and blah blah, but they’ll just have to go and be ecological somewhere else. I don’t want ants in my pa… tio.
- I’ve finished reading ‘Go Fetch a Watchman’ and Nick Hornby’s ‘Funny Girl’. I know which one entertained me more.
- I’m thinking, yet again, about relocation. There’s nothing to keep me here, except inertia. I’ll probably blog again about this, if I can summon up the ertia.
Redux: the Springtime of Robins - The robins are BACK, they don’t intend for you to miss them, flying like bats out of hell, tearing up the mulch, yelling at everybody and stalking around, ...
20 hours ago