Thursday 20 August 2015

Mental graffiti

The other day, I was about to photograph and blog about the arcane runes that had been decorating the wall opposite me for some weeks, when someone inconsiderately came along and cleaned them off. 

I've been encouraged to go ahead and post anyway: an interesting challenge.

So, here's an artist's impression of what it might have looked like (names have been changed to protect the idiotic):


And here's the wall as it looks now (like the map of the ocean in The Hunting of the Snark, it may be a bit short on detail):


My gardener, who is full of facts, some of which might even be true, informs me that these scrawls are boundary demarcation lines agreed between teenage street gangs.  

I'm going away now to imagine the inter-gang Summit conference, and to ponder on the global geopolitical parallels, if any.   Also to get my supper.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't visited you very many times, but I don't remember seeing any teenagers at all in your road, never mind rival gangs. Not even after midnight.

    ReplyDelete