Wednesday 9 October 2013

That’s enough, for now


When I started blogging, five years ago, it was from two motives.  Firstly, I’d recently lost my wife, and although the support from family and friends couldn’t have been stronger, I felt a need to reach out in new directions.  Secondly, I saw it – blogging – as an opportunity to exercise what I know to be one of my skills, writing.
Both of these aims have been more than achieved.  Through blogging, I’ve met many delightful people with whom I would never otherwise have had contact.  I’ve even met several of them face to face.  And, modesty aside, I know that I’ve been able to write, occasionally, some pretty good stuff – which would otherwise have been confined to the fading pages of a notebook to be read only by me.
So it’s been a good experience.  But I’m moving forward in my life.  So I’m going to take a break from blogging.  My ambitions are moving elsewhere.  Writing will certainly figure, but not here.  So will music, which I’ve shamefully neglected for too long.
I’m not disappearing in any sense – continue to expect comments!  In fact, I might become a comment pest…
Oh, and me being me, I’ll probably change my mind tomorrow. 

9 comments:

  1. Good for you, Tim! And rather brave of you to say so on your blog. Wish you luck in whatever comes next and hope to see you around the ether...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well good luck!

    Reading between the lines I wouldn't be surprised to see "Dave Anthony's Moods" re-forming and hitting the M1 in a transit on a Nationwide tribute tour. If ever there's a vacancy for "Grumpy" let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well goodbye and thanks for all the fish.
    Can I be a bridesmaid?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please change your mind and also be a pest, but otherwise, have lots of fun! xx

    PS thanks for malware warning

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I'll miss your posts but maybe you'll be back someday. Enjoy your new horizons.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of the above. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for your good wishes. I suspect I'LL BE BACK...

    ReplyDelete
  8. all the best for you Tim..and I still hope to see you again in Italy for a holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so behind on blog reading that I've only just come to this. I'll miss you, but trust you'll keep in touch. And come to blog parties, of course.

    ReplyDelete