1. When I left the house at 11.30 this morning, I could hardly see through the windscreen for rain, wipers at full throttle. Now I can see the Pleiades from my garden. Isn’t weather wonderful?
2. The benefits of a third Heathrow runway are officially estimated at between 112 and 220 billion pounds, over a sixty year period.
3. I think I’m going to vote Green. Look up their manifesto, then look up the Kippers’.
4. Can we please rewind Christmas to about 1949? A tangerine and a couple of walnuts will do me. I want my Meccano set back though.
5. You can get used to anything, however frightful it might have seemed.