Wednesday 14 May 2014

Embarrassing Moments

I’m talking in particular about that special event that occurs when you’re on your own, no witnesses, but still feel embarrassed.  I’m sure there’s a word for it, but it’s slipped away, like so many words do.

Anyway, I’d bought some nice new wine glasses from J Lewis and parked the unopened box in the kitchen.  Much later that day, I put my half full glass down somewhere to answer the phone, and after the call was over I went to look for the glass, eventually wandering into the dark kitchen.



You can guess the rest.

2 comments:

  1. And, having done it and been embarrassed but, as there were no witnesses, there's no need for anyone else to know, there is still a compulsion to tell the story, because it was funny in retrospect. I'm sure there's a word for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes me happy to learn that I'm not alone in having done such things.
    Anyway, I hope you found the real glass fairly soon.

    ReplyDelete