Friday 14 August 2015

Job Done

Right, I've finished writing it.  Well, it's only taken about five years - not full time, but at least a day a month on average.


It's called "This Obscure Group", subtitle "Dave Anthony's Moods - a personal memoir of the best unheard band of the Sixties."  I've put a few edited extracts on this blog before, but this is the final product.  Or at least as final as it's going to be.  I could go on tinkering for ever.


So I'd like it to be read, or at least available.  Does anyone know anything about publishing (vanity or otherwise)?  It's long enough - about 42,000 words - to form a slim volume, especially if padded out with a few photos. 

4 comments:

  1. What about putting it out as an ebook? I believe that it can be done through Amazon. We have reached the limit of my knowledge now, sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know nothing more than the Great Bear, I'm afraid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've found what looks like a pretty nifty site here

    ReplyDelete
  4. I posted a comment about this just now but I don't think it was published for some reason?
    Anyway, Just finished reading the book. Great writing Tim. Great wit and fast page turner, I read the whole book last night. I remember Graham telling some anecdotes in the early 80's about his time with a group, that apparently travelled a lot. Although, the one that stuck out for me was the one where he [maybe you were there as well?] did a session with Bowie and it did'nt work out and left Mr Jones in tears. He also mentioned the London scene and Clapton. He didn't say lots but sometimes these short anecdotes would come out of the blue. So it was great to read the book and have a better understanding of where he was coming from.

    ReplyDelete