Sunday 20 February 2011

Synchronicity: a true story

Several years ago, we were invited next door to meet Claire's new classroom assistant, Jonny.  Claire is a music teacher and I was just getting back into making music, so there was some common ground.

The conversation got round to people's backgrounds, and Jonny mentioned that he was from Pembrokeshire.  That's interesting, I said, we've just got back from there, know it well, what part?

"Well, I'm from a little village in the south, called Amroth," said Jonny.

"Really?  Just along from Wisemans Bridge?  That's where the caravan is.  And I used to go there on family holidays as a child, fifty years ago.  We stayed in a house called Maida Vale, just up the hill from Wisemans.  The family was called Richards.  I used to play with their middle son, David."

Jonny stared at me.

"He's my uncle," he said.

1 comment:

  1. One of those shivery, hair raising episodes - at least that's what happened to me when I read it, even though I already knew the story.

    ReplyDelete