Saturday 13 October 2012

Anchovy stuffed mushrooms


(Requested by Z and Lo.)

This is a Viv* recipe, which I’ve never tried, but it looks pretty tasty, and very easy.  I do remember the richness – at a dinner party, I seem to recall.  I suspect the size of the mushrooms is important, so as to provide enough stalk for the filling.

6 anchovy fillets (in oil, drained, not the dry salted ones)
6 medium cup mushrooms
Olive oil
Small bunch parsley
Pepper

  • Heat the overhead grill (preferably over a solid griddle plate).
  • Pull out the stalks of the mushrooms and mince, or whizz in a blender, with the anchovies and parsley.  Season with pepper to taste.
  • Brush the mushrooms all over with oil and grill bottom up until slightly brown.
  • Turn and fill with the mixture, and grill for a further few minutes until beginning to sizzle.
 
Good as part of pre-dinner canapés.  Very rich so allow 1 – 2 each only.

 
*For those who don’t know, Viv is my much-missed late wife.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds jolly good. I'll try it for lunch one day next week.

    ReplyDelete